Apple kicked off iPhone 6 and 6 Plus pre-orders two days ago. This year marks the first time Apple is releasing two new flagship smartphones, and the iPhone faithful are wrestling with a big decision: Should I pick iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?
The key question boils down to the following: Do you want to get a bigger display and a camera with optical image stabilization, or you are more comfortable with one-handed use or have a small hand or pocket?
VentureBeat suggested the following tips regarding the selection of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, which we mostly agree:
- Have small hands? Unless you’re used to big screen phones, it may be too tough to adjust. Get the iPhone 6.
- Do you already have trouble fitting current iPhones into your skinny jeans? Get the iPhone 6.
- Do you need to use your phone with one hand a lot? Get the iPhone 6.
- Do you take your phone with you while exercising? Get the iPhone 6.
- Do you need the best possible camera? Get the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Do you watch a lot of movies on your phone? Get the iPhone 6 Plus.
For four out of the six scenarios above, one might prefer iPhone 6 over iPhone 6 Plus.
However, last but not the least, is the battery life the most important factor to you? The answer is probably yes for most of us. iPhone 6 Plus boasts significantly longer usage time than iPhone 6: about 20% longer on internet use and 27% longer on video playback.
Should you sacrifice the first four factors above to get an iPhone 6 Plus instead? Absolutely not! Because there is an alternative for you to get the best of both worlds. You can get the iPhone 6 with a battery charging case for it. These cases would protect your iPhone 6 like regular cases, and at the same time they would more than double the usage time of your iPhone 6. This solution would put the battery life of iPhone 6 Plus to shame. Most importantly, you won’t need to worry about your iPhone 6 go out of juice at critical times.
MobilePal will bring to our customers three stylish battery cases for iPhone 6 on Amazon and eBay in October. These battery cases will be based on further improvements of our best-selling battery charging cases for iPhone 5/5S/5C. Stay tuned!